April 24, 2024

tavernatzanakis

General For All

Why E Automotive (TSX:EINC) Stock Dived 12% Today

[ad_1]

A stock price graph showing declines

A stock price graph showing declines

Written by Jitendra Parashar at The Motley Fool Canada

What happened?

The shares of E Automotive (TSX:EINC) tanked by nearly 12% this morning to around $11.89 per share after posting solid 8% gains on Tuesday. With this, EINC stock is now trading with about 35% year-to-date losses against a nearly 4% rise in the TSX Composite Index.

So what?

If you don’t know already, E Automotive is a Toronto-based digital platform company providing real-time dealer-to-dealer digital auction services. Last year, the company made nearly 76% of its revenue from its home market, while the remaining 24% came from the United States market.

Yesterday, E Automotive announced its fourth-quarter and full-year 2021 financial results. While it managed to beat Street analysts’ revenue estimates, it posted much wider-than-expected adjusted net losses for the year — partly due to the challenging macro environment. Nonetheless, investors largely reacted positively to its higher-than-expected sales, as E Automotive stock climbed to its highest level in nearly three weeks yesterday.

However, EINC stock saw a big selloff earlier today after multiple Street analysts, including from Canaccord Genuity, Laurentian Bank, and Eight Capital, slashed their target price on the stock.

Now what?

In 2021, E Automotive reported a solid 164% year-over-year jump in its total revenue to US$80 million, beating Street analysts’ consensus estimate of around US$75 million. More importantly, the company registered a solid 93% organic growth in vehicles transacted and subscriber adoption. Notably, its marketplace participants also grew positively by 70% from a year ago last year, with nearly 143% more vehicles transacted.

While its wider-than-expected losses in Q4 may temporarily hurt investors’ sentiments, its overall organic sales and marketplace participants growth look impressive. Also, its recent launches and acquisition clearly reflect its management’s focus on the U.S. market expansion, which could help E Automotive accelerate its sales growth in the coming years. Given these factors, growth investors may consider buying EINC stock on the dip and hold it for the long term. Moreover, its stock price is currently hovering close to $12 per share, far below Street analysts’ consensus target price of around $24 per share.

The post Why E Automotive (TSX:EINC) Stock Dived 12% Today appeared first on The Motley Fool Canada.

This Tiny TSX Stock Could be Like Buying Tesla in 2001

Our team of diligent analysts at Motley Fool Stock Advisor Canada has identified one little-known public company founded right here in Canada that’s at the cutting-edge of the space industry and recently completed a transformational acquisition, all while making a handsome profit in the process!

The best part is that in a market where many stocks are selling at all-time-highs, this stock is trading at what looks like a VERY reasonable valuation… for now.

Click here to learn more about our #1 Canadian Stock for the New-Age Space Race

More reading

The Motley Fool has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Fool contributor Jitendra Parashar has no position in any of the stocks mentioned.

2022

[ad_2]

Source link