Marketing Podcast with Jeb Blount
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jeb Blount. Jeb is the CEO of Sales Gravy and the author of 14 books including Fanatical Prospecting, Sales EQ, Objections, Virtual Selling, and his brand new book — Selling the Price Increase: The Ultimate B2B Field Guide for Raising Prices Without Losing Customers.
A lot of small business owners struggle with charging enough, and that price increase conversation is something many people avoid. The payoff for increasing your prices and retaining your customers and clients along the way is massive. But the problem is, price increase initiatives bring forth fear and anxiety in both your salespeople and you as a business owner — especially if you’re the one who has to communicate that message to your customers.
Yet, when you approach the initiative effectively, customers gladly accept price increases, remain loyal, and often buy even more from you because they see your value. In this episode, CEO of Sales Gravy, Jeb Blount, reveals the strategies and tactics that allow you to successfully master price increase initiatives.
Questions I ask Jeb Blount:
- [1:21] A lot of small businesses I work with aren’t charging enough — would you say that’s an idea in their head that they don’t think they worth it?
- [3:18] As a business owner, how do you move past that idea?
- [5:50] What’s changed in this current climate when it comes to pricing and everything almost seeming like an emergency?
- [12:01] What’s your advice for people for setting the table for price increases?
- [16:59] How do you suggest a salesperson handle a price increase when there’s no particular rationale or reason for it and it’s happening simply because the company can?
- [18:48] Could you talk about your DEAL framework and system you’ve created?
- [21:12] Where can people find out more about your book and your work?
More About Jeb Blount:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and SEMRush.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Everybody’s online, but are they finding your website? Grab the online spotlight and your customers’ attention with Semrush. From Content and SEO to ads and social media, Semrush is your one-stop shop for online marketing. Build, manage, and measure campaigns —across all channels — faster and easier. Are you ready to take your business to the next level? Get seen. Get Semrush. Visit semrush.com/go to try it free for 7 days.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND
Social Security Payments Assume Importance In Absence Of Stimulus Checks: Check The December Payment Dates
ragi rava upma for kids
Biz journalist Leung hired as VP of content at ClickUp