I wasn’t going to share this story outside of my coaching group but one of my clients said “Adam, you should.”
“If it means one more person realises ‘this is a thing’ and does it, then it will be worth it.”
This story is totally unrelated to marketing — but it is ALL about marketing.
So here we are.
I’m in hospital as I write this to you because I’m a bone marrow match with a recipient who needs a transfer.
As the donor, I have started daily injections to boost my bone marrow stem cell production.
In 5 days we’ll do the actual extraction/donation and it will be sent off to the recipient.
I’ve been on the bone marrow donor registry for a few years now.
Because I was asked to. Simple as that.
Of course I said yes because I knew it could help someone who needs it, but it started with a question.
My journey actually started way earlier.
Half a lifetime ago, I got in the habit of giving blood when the Red Cross Blood Bank van came onto the university campus every 3 months.
Volunteers stood outside the van and asked the question, “would you like to donate blood today?”
I said “yeah, sure.”
After years of regular donations, a nurse asked me “would you like to donate plasma as well?”
I said “yes, sure”.
Years later again, a nurses asked me “would you like go on the bone marrow registry?”
I said “yes, sure”.
When I matched with a recipient, they asked “would you like to proceed with the bone marrow donation?”
I said “of course”.
Each time, it started with a simple question.
I didn’t actively seek them out and insist on donating blood, plasma or bone marrow.
However because they asked a simple question, it started a conversation which lead to a successful outcome for both of us.
I presume you can see the similarities with what you’re doing with you marketing and lead gen.
If you don’t ask the question, your clients can’t say yes.
In a few days I’ll ask you the question if you’d like to know about my new course. It’s the DIY version of my coaching program — keep an eye on your inbox.
PS. Some marketers might be reading this thinking… you could’ve got a way higher click rate if you’d used the Title: I’m in hospital but I think you’d agree, that’s not my style.
PS. When you’re ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works — an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY for $7. Get the Complete 50+ Script Library for connecting with people to winning clients.
6. Let’s brainstorm how to fill your marketing funnel. DM the word “INTERESTED” via Messenger or book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom.
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.
Download it now
Larry Summers Says ‘Long Way To Go’ For Fed To Reach Inflation Targets: ‘Much Harder Than People Think To Achieve Soft Landing’ – Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF
I Tried On Winter Items From Amazon—Here’s What I Kept
Take a look into Atlanta and Meleager